St George's Day parade

The day began with a St George's Day broadcast from Windsor with lots of fine music by Sir William Harris. At Coulsdon we sang Darke in E and Ley's "Lo round the throne" which is an excellent anthem very well-crafted. Janice Cockcroft suggested going to Oaks Park on the way to Banstead for my picnic and I sat in the sun enjoying the blossom and flowers. Lovely wisteria and jasmine!
The St George's Day parade went well and I played Jerusalem, land of hope and glory and Donald Cashmore's Processional march. On return home Martin from Woodside bereavement service came and we had a good chat about how busy I am and how I need to find a balance and enough rest and quality time with Liz! I spoke to Liz and Dennis on Skype and watched Diane Abbott learning to play the piano on TV. Also highlights of the London Marathon but could not spot Richard Nesbitt! He will be tired tonight - I have sponsored him!

Comments

Padre Rob+ said…
Finding time to balance the needs of a spouse. significant other, or friend is hard to do isnt it? I'll pray for you.
Thank you Rob. My wife has now returned from Ireland and we are getting back into routine and hopefully a better sleep pattern!
Peter Simpson said…
I am very fond of 'The stife is o'er!' by Ley, in particular the third verse 'On the third morn..' Brings back memories of my days as a treble!
Henry G. Ley has written some fine workmanlike music. I have a beautiful organ prelude on "Down Ampney" (Come down O love divine) and his anthems are all great to sing and play. The Strife is o'er has such a fine strong tune and Healey Willan has written a great voluntary based on that melody. Alleluia! Alleluia!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil