Hand registration

After work drove to Holy Trinity Clapham which is a church I have often wanted to enter as it is connected with Wilberforce and the Clapham sect who we remember this year particularly. Dr Harry Bramma spoke and demonstrated on the splendid organ the art of registration by hand as opposed to piston. I do do this quite a bit and of course it is more authentic as Anthony le Fleming who plays at this splendid church commented. 34 lengths this morning and for once drove to work and no holdups at all!

Comments

Padre Rob+ said…
sounds cool! But tell me, why is this... why is the Clapham sect being particularly remembered this year. I'm embarrassed that I don't know.
Dear Rob, The Clapham sect were partially responsible for the bill which aimed to abolish slavery and we are celebrating the 200th anniversary of that bill! Many events all over the country!
Padre Rob+ said…
O, I didn't realize it was the 200th anniversary. Party on!!
Padre Rob+ said…
Hi John, I sent 2 comments yesterday. Did you receive them? I'm just curious.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil