Examining and Corpus Christi



I spent the morning examining for the RSCM with Peter Wright. There were a couple of outstanding candidates for the Bishop's award. It was fun chatting to Peter about the Chorus and the new appointments at St Paul's and Norwich. I have since heard Adrian Partington is going to Gloucester cathedral. To Tate Modern but I'm afraid the Brazilian artist who does colour in a big way did not inspire nor did Dali on film. Bunuel's films all seem to be weird and I could never stand the Surrealists!
Vespers and Mass for Corpus Christi followed by procession along the pavement of Victoria Street. I was crucifer and managed OK to my surprise! Liz features on the Westminster cathedral blog as one of the thurifers with Phillip as boatboy and Paul as MC. Mgr Mark was as always very grateful for our efforts. I submitted the poster for June 20th - the launch of the interfaith network. Lovely icon of St Columba.

Comments

Padre Rob+ said…
I miss Corpus Christi processions....

and I love the Columba poster...
They are not as common over here as they used to be and the Columba icon is fabulous.
Edward said…
The icon is lovely. Mimi, of Wounded Bird, posted it as well. She does posts on the saints days that you might enjoy (along with lots of other stuff).
Thanks for the tip!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil