Stainer, Beethoven and Elgar

Peter comments on "I saw the Lord" which I agree is a wonderful anthem especially the final section "O Trinity, O Unity". I told Simple village organist in L.A. about the Beethoven 9 at the Royal festival hall jamboree next weekend with a colour-coded choir. Sopranos orange, altos green, basses brown (well what else!) and wait for it tenors ..... pink! I'm glad I'm not taking part - I have evensong to play for. Add to that it is in English (yuk!) The real opening concert features the 4th movement of the Beethoven in German conducted by Christoph von Dohnanyi. The Tablet has an article this week about "Alleluia" by Julian Anderson and a fine article by Stephen Hough about Elgar's Catholicism. Stephen was involved in the excellent Radio 4 morning worship on Sunday about Elgar and his Mass is to be sung at the Cathedral on Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil