Grassers and the police

I felt a twinge in my back as I got into the pool. I did 40 lengths on my back skulling or back stroke but all day long I was more bent over than usual. To the local police ward meeting in Battersea Park Parks Police office. The Somerfield car park clearup will happen 4 and 11 July - hurrah! Sgt David Cook (great guy!) informed us that "covert human intelligence sources" were helping to combat drug dealing - better known as "grassers". I popped over to see Andrew Crawford as his job as manager of the local college has gone. Glad to say he has a new job! I met him before he started there and we have been in touch ever since. The college is to become exclusively building trades based so the demand for English as a second language will not be met. As usual it is all about funding! Walked over Albert Bridge (our favourite bridge) to King's Road and got a bus to Victoria. Decided it was too late to go to chorus - visiting director for 2 nights who has applied for the chorus master job so have missed her. The longest day today - midsummer day! Mendelssohn Midsummer Night's dream would be appropriate! Tanya and Sam came in the library today - it was lovely to see them both!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil