Spirituality and artists

Monday to Catenian meeting when the Provincial president made his official visit. I am now Provincial councillor. Tuesday evening to a talk at the Pump House gallery in Battersea Park by the artists Matthew Cornford and David Cross about their work. It was fascinating. They put on one off events on commission. The first event was to fence off the only green space in the centre of Stoke on Trent which caused uproar and led to teh council introducing more green spaces. They dyed a pool at Bourneville Cadbury's HQ purple and renovated the pool as well. Their next project is to put a peace garden on a Peckham nuclear bunker.
Today I spoke to Ann on Skype and went to the day at the Hinsley Room. Howard presented a DVD of the abbot and Fr Thomas Keating talking about listening to God. It was really useful and set me thinking about self-disclosure on the internet and the need for friends. I know I need hugs and Liz is my best friend and companion. I shared the reflection on the Rublev Trinity.
I went to see the British photography exhibition at Tate Britain and that will repay another visit. To chorus rehearsal of "Fidelio" with Mark Griffiths who is excellent. What wonderful music this is!

Comments

Edward said…
The artists sound fascinating. I must look into them. I like the idea of installation art as a catalyst for a civic (or social, or even ethical) improvement.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "Catenian"?
Yes it's like a purpose for public art!! Lots of Catholics have never heard of Catenians. This is a body of Catholic professional men and we support each other in sickness and bereavement. You get a great funeral and are prayed for long after you die! They are a great bunch of people and it's our centenary next year.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil