TGIF thank God it's Friday

To Battersea library to chat to 2 trainees on the opening the book Frontline course about promoting books. I enjoyed this course and have 4 senior library assistants to supervise. 2 new staff started so did the Health and safety induction and worked on the risk assessment. Back so troublesome so did not go for my usual Friday evening walk in Battersea Park. At choir practice worked on Ouseley's "How goodly are thy tents" and Stainer's "How beautiful upon the mountains".
Deacon Peter on his excellent blog Chapel of the Resurrection with its wonderful pictures loves to quote hymns so here is a favourite which we sing to "St Peter".
It was written by John Newton who wrote "Amazing grace".

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
in a believer's ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals our wounds
and drives away our fear.

It nakes the wounded spirit whole,
and calms the troubled breast;
'tis manna to the hungry soul
and to the weary rest.

Dear name! the rock on which I build,
my shield and hiding-place,
my never-failing treasury filled
with boundless stores of grace.

Jesus! my Shepherd,Brother,Friend,
my Prophet, Priest, and King.
my Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
accept the praise I bring.

Weak is the effort of my heart
and cold my warmest thought;
but when I see thee as thou art,
I'll praise thee as I ought.

Till then I would thy love proclaim
with every fleeting breath;
and may the music of thy NAme
refresh my soul in death.

What a wonderful thought that the MUSIC of thy name will sustain me throughout my life even when I am at my weakest. As St Paul says "When I am weak I am strong".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil