Marty Haugen

Tuesday to Tooting Bec school for 7 p.m. The session actually started at 7.40 p.m. Marty is sensational. I liked his stories and approach and especially the idea that the musician helps the community to remember. This is so true of many of our music choices. Learned some useful stuff including a song for the interfaith group from Ghana "May peace be in your homes" and a lovely end of day song. Stephen Dean did 2 of his numbers which were good. Met lots of people - Lyn, Dorio, folk from Thornton Heath (Lewis gave me a lift home) and Kilburn and Grove Park. Over 200 there! Quite an experience! On Monday I set off at 7 for Victoria to get a train to Beckenham junction for the Catenian meeting there but abandoned the attempt after 30 minutes as no trains going there. Had I gone the Crystal Palace route I would probably have got there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil